Award-winning Author Melanie Hemry is a former intensive care nurse who uses her medical mindset as real world experience to ground her writing with both the reality and the romance of the human condition.
As a ghost writer, Hemry has an uncanny ability to make a story come to life, captivating the reader as he journeys through the storyline. Her writing draws out the reader’s emotions making a lasting impact that leaves the reader wanting more.
As an author published under her own name, Hemry has six books in print as well as hundreds of magazine articles.
A winner of two Angel Awards and the prestigious Guideposts Writing Contest, Hemry’s stories have warmed the hearts of readers around the world. Her messages offer deep insight and soaring hope.
A full-time author, Hemry holds a bachelor of science in nursing from the University of Central Oklahoma and a master’s degree in practical ministry from Wagner Leadership Institute in Colorado Springs.
- Two-time winner of the Angel Award – the most prestigious writing award in Christian publishing for Real People, Real Needs, Real Victories for Journey of Faith: The First 30 Years
- Winner – the esteemed 1988 Guideposts Writing Contest. Her winning manuscript was selected from over 5,000 entries and she was flown to upstate New York with the 12 finalists and completed an intense writing workshop that was taught by Guideposts and Reader’s Digest editors and attended by other leading writers.
- Winner – 10 Guideposts Workshop contests. Attendance is by invitation only and invitation is restricted to those who have won the national contest.
- “Now Winston Wears Shoes,” published in the December, 1992 issue of Guideposts and reprinted in French and English by the Canadian Reader’s Digest. Reader’s Digest bought all international rights.
- Selected from 47 candidates as writer for a monthly feature article for The Believer’s Voice of Victory. To date, published over 400 articles for this magazine.
2002 – Master’s Degree in Practical Ministry – Wagner Leadership Institute, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1979 – Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Central State University, Edmond, Oklahoma
2019 – WriterCon Writer’s Conference
2014-2019 – Write Well, Sell Well Writer’s Intensives
2013-2019 – Co-Founder Write Well, Sell Well Writer’s Conference